I was inspired by Kendi Everyday to try her 30 For 30 Fashion Remix. The basic idea is to chose 30 items of clothing and mix them up into 30 different outfits over 30 days.
My list of clothing:
Red ls tee with scarf
Grey Tee with flowers
Navy Striped LS tee
LS Black Tee
V Neck black sweater
Long purple sweater
Grey Cashmere sweater
Black Target cardigan
Brown and Black Sweater vest
Boot cut jeans
Grey cargo pants
Black Knit Pants
Black Velvet Jeans
Grey/Black Banana skirt
Black Velvet tired skirt
Black knit dress
New Grey Dress
Black Leather Jacket
New Khacki Jacket
Metallic or Black Flats
Here is what I learned:
1) I could live with only 30 items of clothing/shoes – but I don’t want to!
2) Not shopping for 30 days was very, very difficult.
3) The biggest stressor of the challenge was having to post a picture of the outfit each day – this also kept me creative as I didn’t want to post outfits that did not look good.
4) I can get rid of a ton of my clothes. I have a much better idea of what I need and what I am never going to wear.
5) Laundry is easier with fewer clothes.
6) I wore a larger variety of shoes than I typically wear. I also wore belts on a regular basis for the first time since 1992.
7) I NEED Frye boots in Cognac, a leopard scarf, Second Yoga Jeans, more belts and a long sweater to wear with my red jeggings.
I have been done with the challenge for a few days and I am finding it very hard to get dressed with so many choices. I am in the process of clearing out my closet and I am going to try a 60 piece challenge soon!
I buy clothes from a variety of sources – frequently online. My favorite site right now is Garnet Hill. I also love Banana Republic and occasionally shop at the Gap and Old Navy. I try to go into Old Navy because their sizing and quality varies dramatically from item to item. I love Soma for their vanishing panties and pajamas. I also like somethings from Chicos. They have some awesome accessories and travel clothing. I stop by JC Penneys and Kohls on occasion.
My favorite jeans are Second Yoga Jeans and curvy jeans from Eddie Bauer. I am not really a shoe person and I usually go to DSW twice a year and buy several pairs at a time. I just ordered a pair of Frye boots and I am very excited to get them!
I am staring this blog to encourage myself to wear more of my clothes. I am a mom to 2 boys. They are 8 and 13. I am also a speech pathologist and autism consultant. I spend most of my work days sitting on the floor with very young children. I occasionally get bitten or thrown up on. I also do feeding therapy so food spills are not uncommon. I love clothes and I like looking cute all the time. I started looking at fashion blogs and could not find one with clothes that match my lifestyle. I am also in my forties although I look much younger. I try not to dress like a teenager except occasionally :).
Thanks for joining me here!